Friday, June 14, 2013

#WarOfWords - My vision, My mission by Felix D Great





Today was feeling a lil tired, 
wondering if our effort to grow Spoken Word Poetry in Nigeria is worth it.
But the poem below seems to be a message to keep keeping on.
After all, life is not a bed of roses.
So there will always be some form of restriction and limitation,
but surviving and thriving should always remain our only option.
For our limitation is not a function of our condition,
our limitation is a function of our decision.


#WarOfWords - My vision, My mission by Felix The Great

I have vision that supersedes human imagination
I am on a mission to transform my generation
To bring restoration back to my nation
So we live a life of jubilation

I am heading to a precious destination 
A land of restitution
A land of celebration
A land where against us there would be no condemnation

But I am faced by situations of heavy devastation
My way is filled with trails and tribulations
And my soul craves for internal redemption

My days are filled with tears 
My heart with worries and fear
This vision seem so unclear
The land I seek is nowhere near

These burden of pain I cannot bear 
These garment of shame I want to un-wear
Wish someone can my cry hear
And help me with this dream that is so rare

But looking around i see no one who cares
And giving up is all my mind shares
Then comes this loud voice inside my ear 
Words of liberation that is all I hear

It says: look not at what you see and do no listen to what your mind share
I have given you the spirit of boldness not fear
I am with you, you know that I care
Given up is not an option,cos I am in it to win.



 Watch the video here:

#WarOfWords - My vision, My mission by Felix D Great

http://youtu.be/6xikIv2jPDA

http://youtu.be/6xikIv2jPDA

3 comments:

  1. Yeah! There can't be fear
    In an atmosphere
    Were we wear determination
    We're balistic ball-point-pen Generals

    ReplyDelete
  2. Top class lyrics mehn....

    ReplyDelete