Thursday, June 27, 2013

Uzbek: #WarOfWords? Nah, its my victory speech.



He is not from Uzbekistan; a lot of people don't even know him by his real name.

Uzbek (Ibrahim Olawale Edu) is a lyricist, rapper, writer and wordsmith to name a few.
grew up listening to conscious rap and building on the messages he harnessed from the profound lyrics.

He is known for his wordplay and lyrical ability. A focused young man who believes in the power of words.

Now is the right time for him to showcase his talent to the world. He feels a good start is the #WarOfWords slam poetry competition.. 

He keeps saying HE IS IN TO WIN IT!




















Watch the video after the break


#WarOfWords- The Isolated Mind


by 
Uzbek

I've been dwelling on the wagon

often intoxicated by red rum spelt backwards (red rum spelt backwards=murder)

See, he was a son of the gun,

so it shouldn't be surprising if you heard he was always on the run

trying to beat the lightening & bolt cos they say life is a race
all for the desire to reach for his amazing grace.



Sometimes, a brother's ego could be his downfall

this continues to question, what do i write for? 

is it for the truth, the cause or the pride? for within the pride lies the prejudice

Like am the jury, am i to prejudge this????
When the truth is handled like a knife; i guess it's not hard to stab with it
i even play poker-faced to pretend it's not happening to me



Because my whole life is like a complex sentence, it gives you labial factor

so it's hard to pronounce my innocence; for it clutches down my vocal cord.

now am here spitting fire,

trying to move while laying on the floor, you can say i drag-on.
Like Daniel, trapped in the Lion's den.
Calling for rescue mission; this is not my residence.
and if That stitch in time doesn't save nine, i wonder what happens when it gets to ten.
***imbibing scriptures and epistles of saints in similar situations***
***many got saved by the gospel, that's the manifestation***
i tried to get on the train but it suddenly got derailed
if Jacob could wrestle with an angel to stake his claim;
then i must be so lame not to have done the same.



Life wrote me a song, with the tune embedded in my head

the fainted rhythm I project the fainted rhythm on every edge.

As I lurk deeper, it gets boring.

Wait a minute.... 
must i take my food to the roof top because i'm fed up? 
wow! that's a question for ages!
on another train of thoughts, i keep crying like a baby.



many a times, i fell victim to my own stubborn erection

guess i will just allow this gift of words pave me a lucid direction.

such is life, the race , you sprint 

losing no connection with the track till my heels get weary
should that be scary?
 Because i'm in it to win it. 



Watch the video via this link

http://youtu.be/iRJuCcsZqJw








No comments:

Post a Comment