Monday, June 17, 2013

#WarOfWords -IN IT TO WIN by K-meks Otuya








This is not a valid video entry.
Why?
Well, He came all the way from Delta and got an automatic slot during the last WORD UP Volume 4.
There was a preview of War Of Words during WORD UP Volume 4,
and he stepped up to the mic and rocked it.
So with or without this submission,
he is already part of the poets to compete on War Of Words stage come this June 30th 2013.
Meaning?
There are just 14 slots left :).



IN IT TO WIN by K-meks Otuya


Each time I cast a gaze at the state of my fatherland
A confused countenance appears before me
It causes a sense of phobia that erupts from the mess, we stand upon
Finding its way through my knee caps and into my thighs
And gradually, settles like a digested food in my bowels
Generating an awful sensation that keeps me awake each night-Pondering and Thinking
Where did we miss the path shown to us by our fathers?
How did we get to Herod's Palace, seeking the death of Christ-Us?
From whence did we attract this destructive spell?
I asked! I thought!! I wept!!!
In my wallowing and sorrowing state
I recalled the story, as it was told in our History class
Great Compatriots who envisaged a great Nigeria
Lifting up their banners
Standing against the plague of colonialism
Dogged men who were armed to the teeth
For they were armed with Courage, Strength and Might
Fighting but for a just cause
Heroes who laid aside Greed and Selfish interests
Complementing one another
Engaging the colonial masters in constructive dialogue
Giving their all and best-They obliged
'Cos they were in it to win
Oh! Yes they won
They won in their quest for freedom
Gaining Independence from the hands of the Queen's men
Upholding the element of continuity
Teaching us the pledge
Oh! How they envisaged
A Nation where food will be available to all
A Nation whose wealth will be evenly distributed
A Nation of Peace and Tranquility
Where normalcy and decency would exude from all sectors of the economy
In these-they lived for..laboured..and died for
But right from the tombs where they lay-I hear their crys
Crying for a generation seeking direction
A Nation of people with no defined purpose for living
Burdened by these anomalies-I make this clarion call
Arise! Fellow Countrymen
The race to prominence isn't easy-No doubt
But we must Brace-Up ourselves
Holding on to the truth
Binding us together
That we are Africa's Giant
Transforming Nigeria from this pitiable state, 

to a state-of-the-Art Nation
I dare to say, If we believe truly in this
The world ain't seen nothing yet,

Cos we're in it to win.


Watch the video via this link

#WarOfWords-"IN IT TO WIN"....by K-meks Otuya

http://youtu.be/r5h6osUUTuc

3 comments:

  1. The computer software on this bad boy is definitely not in full scorched
    yet -- it didn't even have a of the shaping engagement that I could make one more soma. http://www.mycheapcarrental.co.uk/ This makes CENTELUS one of the how to shout and repeat the same phrases, like programmed automatons.

    My homepage national car rental

    ReplyDelete
  2. o'er the past six weeks, I car rental On the other script, you may penury to make

    My website :: car rental

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its like you read my thoughts! You appear to understand a lot approximately
    this, such as you wrote the e-book in it or something. I think that you just
    can do with some p.c. to drive the message home a bit, but other than that, this is great blog.

    An excellent read. I will certainly be back.


    Feel free to visit my blog: pożyczka pozabankowa

    ReplyDelete