Friday, June 14, 2013

#WarOfWords - In it to win by AimHigh






This entry is no longer valid.

The highlighted portions are from the lyrics of Eben Featuring M.I - Done it all.
We want to promote poets and spoken word poetry in Nigeria,
but not at the expense of originality.


@Micheal Stanley aka AimHigh
Get on contact with us asap via olulu4ever@gmail.com.
 Thank you.



#WarOfWords - In it to win by Micheal Stanley aka Aimhigh


Have you ever been in a point in your life, where you feel like quiting?
If you have, I guess for you this poem is written.
Sometimes I get confused of the troubles God is permitting
If wishes were horses,I guesss I would have ridden.

Cos am rising daily
My hustling is getting deeper.
The plans to get to my goals are getting bolder
Have been rejected, restricted and thrown aside
I reflect my prospectives is to go inside
When I was young i pray to God to teach me how to write
And when am writing, 

I hear angels speaking
I remember my first performance,

how hard I prepared
I remember even chairs did not cheer.

My second performance 

I thought it was a blast
The B was taken off and I took last
My friends said Aimhigh you are gonna fail
My Mama said cool boy, God is going to put them to shame
Even when I had no more lines, I could still write
He took me off my past and off the street
He knew my dream was poetry
He knew i want to make history.
He gave olulu the idea to take me there
And now am on wordup people
Am in it to win.




Check out the video here:

#WarOfWords-In it to win by Micheal Stanley aka Aimhigh

http://youtu.be/kn5vijvfbbY

http://youtu.be/kn5vijvfbbY

1 comment:

  1. Hi there are using Wordpress for your blog platform?
    I'm new to the blog world but I'm trying to get started and set up
    my own. Do you require any html coding knowledge to make your own blog?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!

    Here is my web site: http://alargamiento-del-pene.es

    ReplyDelete