Saturday, January 19, 2013

My neighbours are no more black......!!!!





My neighbours are no more black.
They used to be black back when I was 12.
Some ten years or more later.
They are now white.
No, they did not bleach.
It is just that they are now foreigners.
On the left of our house are the ones whose english I don't understand, so I believe they must be from somewhere in Europe.
To the right, I know not where they are from, but they always smell of spices.
Opposite us are the Americans, I know that because they curse a lot.
At the beginning of our street are those whom everyone in their continent look the same.
I asked my black neighbours, where are you? 
They say they are in another country.
I ask, why?
They said they are searching for greener pastures.
If my black neighbours left to search for greener pastures, pray tell, what do my white neighbours want here? :)


by Dupe Holloway 


10 comments:

  1. I love love love this. Do you know I wrote a spoken word about this recently? How we keep running out, yet foreigners keep coming in, even though they say Nigeria is bad.

    I guess I would perform it next month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. looking forward to it. Too bad I missed Chill and Relax last Sunday.

      Delete
  2. Word! Hmm... This is mind bugging, truly there's something they see here that we can't see. Its high time we started looking inward. Nice writeup.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Couldn't have said it better meself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm...thought provoking and mind bugging. Thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of a truth,there's something they see here that we dont...

    Maybe we should stop looking with the optical eyes and start looking with spiritual apprehension.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tribal by Apostrophic Lab comes in regular and an
    alt version with alternate letterforms. Chris has been running Design
    My Tattoos website for the last three months. If you know people with really good-looking tattoos ask them where they had them done.


    my webpage fire Tattoo Designs

    ReplyDelete
  7. When you instruct HR recruiters to find the best of the best and
    tops in their field and offer up a non-compete agreement'even if it's reasonable'expect most to say no thanks. They offer a variety of symbols and designs, providing universal meanings for everyone. For more great information, tattoos designs for girls, hints, tips and more check out:<.

    Here is my page ... turystyka-powiat-nowosolski.info.pl

    ReplyDelete