(organizers of WORD UP, the biggest Spoken Word Poetry Event in Nigeria)
War of Words
(A Spoken Word Poetry Competition)
This event comes up in June 2013.
The competition is only open to Poets that have never performed at WORD UP and that will be in Nigeria at the time of the competition.
To participate, you will need to have a Youtube account
(Google Mail users/ owner will automatically have a Youtube account),
There will be cash prizes for the top three poets,
and they automatically get to perform at the next edition of WORD UP on August 17, 2013.
1. Official Hashtag of the competition is #WarOfWords1.
2. The title of the poem must contain the official hashtag #WarOfWords1, else your entry is not valid.
3. You will be required to submit an original poem that is in English, pidgin English or a combination of both. All non-english words used in the poem must be explained in the information box of the video.
5. The video submissions should not be more than 3 minutes long and must be uploaded on your Youtube channel. If you don't have a Youtube channel, please open one.
6.The submitted video must be one camera, one poet and recorded specifically for the competition. No live performance videos and no special effects.
7. All poets are limited to a total of one submission.
9. You will also be required to tweet the video link with the official hashtag #WarOfWords1 at any or all of the twitter accounts in the body of this post and on our Facebook official page after liking the page, else your entry is not valid.
Like us on facebook https://www.facebook.com/wordup411
10. The theme of the competition will be supplied when the competition officially opens :).
A total of 15 poets will be chosen from the entries for the competition. The first ten will be chosen by our in-house judges. The last five will be chosen based on most viewed, most liked and the videos with the most comments.