Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Utopia???!!!!!!! (A Spoken Word Poem)


 Utopia???!!!!!!!


Is it utopian to say what should be?
To desire a country that should be
Wrapped in freedom, peace and unity...
I want...
I want a Nigeria where politics is not based on your pocket.
I want a Nigeria where politics is not based on your friends.
I want a Nigeria where politics is not based on thuggery and the propensity of cultism.
I want a Nigeria where politics is not based on pedigree and class stratification.
I want a Nigeria where politics is not based on the number of people you have murdered and your ability to criticize.
I want a Nigeria where politics is not based on negative stratagem

Utopia???!!!!!!!

I want a Nigeria where politics is based on your positive content
I want a Nigeria where the politicians have pedigree in politics not family.
Where right from a certain age a child's strengths are defined and schooled along the lines of political leadership.
Then we would have no fear of the wrong political leadership at the elections.
A crop of people discipled from childhood for the main purpose of ruling Nigeria with unbroken loyalty to the growth and holistic development of the country.
I want a Nigeria where accountability is a blessing not a curse.
I want a Nigeria where the leaders have strength of character and obedience to the sanctity of marriage and single-hood.
Where women and men do not take philandering as the pecks of office.
I want a Nigeria where when we say no to evil we won't be locked up in a dungeon for years and be subject to euthanasia.
I want a Nigeria where good is celebrated and evil is eschewed.

Utopia???!!!!!!!
Makes me dream
Of a nation
where elections will be free and fair not ruthlessly dashed to pieces on the political playground of greed, self aggrandizement and power drunkenness.

Utopia???!!!!!!!
Makes me dream
Of a nation where the democratic government dare not make a fool of themselves and have the president rule a country in absentia.

Utopia???!!!!!!!
Makes me dream
Of a nation where the idea of democracy is upstanding and good intentioned for citizens to run for public office without the fear of selectionism or bias.
Where Politics is a profession and career based on the process of actualizing the need to serve.

Utopia???!!!!!!!
Makes me dream
Of a nation
Where it is not rife with the blame game, but a country where public and political office holders are accountable for their actions and a thousand years of political drudgery would be as a ripple in the ocean.

Utopia???!!!!!!!
Makes me dream
Of a nation
Where the cradle is not beleaguered by corruption and war: their families don't miss them! Where we develop patriotic loyalists teach and train them on the Nigeria we must see.

Utopia???!!!!!!!
Makes me dream
Of a nation
Where we shall run like mighty men; overcome world challenges like men of war; and they shall march everyone on his ways, they shall not break their ranks: Neither shall one thrust another; they shall walk everyone in his path: and when they fall upon the sword, they shall not be wounded.

Utopia???!!!!!!!
Makes me dream
Of a nation
Where every man: young and old rests in peace under the shade of his own tree

Utopia???!!!!!!!
Aye or nay?

Reality!!!



By
Chinelo A. Onwubuya






No comments:

Post a Comment